He has finally asked the question and you said, “Yes!” Now all the ideas and questions start flowing your way. When is the big day? Where do you plan on getting married? Do you hire a planner or do it on your own? I don’t have all the answers since every wedding is unique and yours, but I do have a few little bridal tips that I can share.
1. Select your date and know the weather for that time of year. Yes weather is unpredictable, but if you really want to have an outdoor wedding, it is best not to plan a March wedding in Bozeman.
2. Your wedding day is about you as a couple. Don’t let others talk you into colors, locations, flowers and such if they aren’t you. If you don’t like an idea or suggestion, simply say that you will think about it and then make the decision that is yours. If you choose everyone else’s ideas, you will end up not enjoying your day.
3. Hire a photographer. I’m not saying this because I am a photographer; I’m saying this because you want your memories of this day to be the best. There are many friends out there that may have a “nice” camera, but when it comes down to it, are you going to get everything that you hoped for? This is a very special day and you want to know that when it is over, your memories will have been captured the way you remember it. Plus, this is their job. You can tell them what you want, what you don’t want and they will make sure to do just that. Sometimes it is hard to tell your friends no, but once again, this is your day.
4. Traditions are great, but don’t feel forced to keep up with them. I mainly speak of not seeing the bride until she walks down the aisle. A popular approach to this is the “first look”. This is when the bride and groom have a special moment (just the two of them and the photographer) where they get to see one another for the first time. It’s a great way to have that moment and keep the tradition alive with a twist.
5. Simple is better. Stay budget conscious. Pick a good DJ and a venue that will be compatible for all your guests. Don’t sweat the small stuff and always remember, this is your day. Some may not agree or like a decision that you make, but it is about you. Make it YOURS!
I hope that these little bits help when you are planning your day! Take a deep breath and relax. This is a special time and you will want to enjoy every minute of it!